- Family Law 80%
- Wills, Successions 20%
Dyan Schnaars (pronounced Diane SHNAY - ers) was raised in Alexandria, Louisiana but moved to Lafayette to attend UL-Lafayette in 1995. She has since made Acadiana her home. Dyan obtained her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from UL-Lafayette with a concentration in Management. She is a graduate of Southern University Law Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, earning recognition in the National Scholars Honor Society and the Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Fraternity. She was also a Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, and the Christians at Law and Women at Law societies.
In 2014, Dyan made the decision to narrow her practice exclusively to Family Law, which she considers a calling. Dyan is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA) and the Lafayette Parish Bar Association (LBA), as well as a three-year member of the Executive Committee of the Paula K. Woodruff Family Law Sections of the Lafayette Parish Bar Association.
Dyan has always been active in her community, serving two years as Management Development Vice President for the Alexandria Chapter of the Louisiana Junior Chamber of Commerce. Dyan also frequently speaks to local Divorce Care Groups and Children's Advocacy Groups.
Dyan was awarded a Pro Bono Publico Award in 2015 from the Louisiana State Bar Association. She has also been honored by the LBA with the Outstanding Attorney Award for six years running for her pro bono work in the community. Dyan has been named one of NAFLA's Top 10 Attorneys under 40. She currently serves as Past President of the Executive Committee of the Paula K. Woodruff Family Law Section of the Lafayette Parish Bar Association and is a member of the local Collaborative Divorce Initiative.
Dyan resides in Lafayette Louisiana with her husband, Matthew, and their youngest son. She is also the proud Army Mom of her older son.
- Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2012
- University of Louisiana Lafayette, Lafayette, Louisiana
- B.S. - 2008
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: Business Administration / Management
- Louisiana, 2012
- LVL (Lafayette Volunteer Lawyer), 2012 to Present
- Alexandria Chapter of the Louisiana Junior Chamber of Commerce, Management Development Vice President
- Expertise Best Divorce Lawyers in Lafayette, 2021
- NAFLA Top 40 Under 40, 2019
- Pro Bono Publico Award, 2015
- Outstanding Attorney Award, 2015
- Top Attorney award, 2016
- Manchester Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals, 2005
- Honesty and Integrity Award among High School students Mason’s, 1996
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Fraternity
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity Nat'l Scholars Honors Society
- Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals, 2005
- Mike Remondet
- Rusty Galloway
- Elizabeth Dugal
- Donovan O’Pry
- Galloway Jefcoat, Attorney, Dec. 2014 - Feb. 2017
- McKernan Law, Attorney, Nov. 2013 - Nov. 2014
- Jeansonne & Remondet, Of Counsel, Oct. 2012 - Nov. 2013
Fraternities Or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Susan K Woodruff - Family Law Section, 2015 to Present
- LSBA - Family Law Section, 2013 to Present
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association (LBA), 2012 to Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association (LSBA), 2012 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Managing Attorney/Owner